Chebe Powder Benefits for hair
Known to be used by women in Chad to promote length retention and grow longer hair hair. Chebe powder is known to promote moisture retention, thicker hair over time and less breakage. The Chebe powder method of length retention also involves very low manipulation to the hair which reduces breakage significantly
Chebe powder Primary Ingredients
- Lavender croton
- Prunus Mahaleb (Cherry plant)
- Misic – used for fragrance
- Mastic gum
- Sudanese Khumra Perfume oil
And can also include some of these ingredients include cassia, fenugreek powder, amla powder, ginseng, burdock root, babassu oil, Jamaican black castor oil
Due to additional ingredients included, I highly recommend doing a strand test a few days before full application on your hair.
How to use Chebe powder on type 4 hair
- Wet hair with water then
- Apply the Chebe powder to the hair shaft
- Coat the hair with Shea butter or any hair oil or butter of your choice.
- Then braid hair or do some African threading and leave hair alone for about 5 days before taking the braids out and do it over again.
You may want to wash your hair after 2 or 3 applications.
You can also mix the Chebe powder with your favourite butter or oil then do only 3 steps which are step 1, 3 and then 4.