Commonly known as neutral Henna or Senna, Cassia Obovata powder are ground leaves from the Cassia plant The cassia leaves have tannins and chrysophanic acid which is high in anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. Chrysophanic acid is often used in topical eczema medications formulations. Cassia Obovata is an excellent conditioner which makes hair glossy and thick and the scalp healthy. It does not stain hair or hands.
Using Cassia Obovata to condition the hair
What you will need
- A bowl big enough for your mixture
- 100g or more of Cassia Obovata powder
- A mixing spoon
- Warm water or black or Charmomile tea
- Place Cassia Obovata powder in the bowl
- Add the liquid a bit at a time
- Mix well until the mixture is the consistency of yogurt and has minimal to no lumps
- Apply mixture to freshly washed hair concentrating on the scalp then the rest of the hair
- Leave it on for about an hour or longer and rinse out with conditioner until there is no residue left in your hair
How much do I need?
Short Hair: 100g
Shoulder Length Hair: 200-300g depending on the amount of hair & thickness
Long Hair: 400-500g
Things to note:
- Cassia can be used to dye grey or white hair a wheat colour with golden tones when mixed with a mildly acidic liquid and allowed to rest overnight to release the dye. It can then be applied to the hair for several hours for a light golden stain.
- This stain is not visible on dark hair. Cassia will condition and strengthen dark hair without changing the colour.
- Pure cassia, applied as a paste, may be used to relive eczema symptoms.
- The tannins in cassia obovata can restore a soft texture to hair that has been damaged from bleach.
- Cassia helps hair grow longer by strengthening the hair and helping to maintain a healthy scalp.
- Cassia can restore the strength of hair damaged by swimming, chemical treatments, drying and UV damage from sunshine.